https://dovevn.com/

Wrongfully convicted man freed after 18 years

A man wrongfully convicted of a San Francisco double-murder is now free after spending 18 years in prison.

A man wrongfully convicted of a San Francisco double-murder is now free after spending 18 years in prison.

A judge ruled last month that the prosecution's now-dead key witness against Caramad Conley lied on the stand.

The 40-year-old Conley walked out of the San Francisco County Jail a little after 4 p.m. Wednesday and told the San Francisco Chronicle he was taking life one day at a time.

Prosecutors told Superior Court Judge Cynthia Ming-Mei Lee on Tuesday that key witnesses are dead or unavailable and they will not retry Conley for the killings of Roshawn Johnson and Charles Hughes.

___

Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle

In Other News

© 2020 US News. All Rights Reserved.